See if you can solve these puzzles! Click the right arrow the the answer :)
What is an escape room?
We get asked this question A LOT. In a nutshell, an escape room is an immersive adventure game where players work as a team to solve a series of puzzles and riddles. Teams use clues, hints, hidden objects, and strategy to complete objectives with the ultimate objective of escaping the room. Escape rooms have a set amount of time, typically 1 hour, to solve the room and escape. They also usually follow a theme in puzzles and decor...popular themes include prison escapes, bank robberies, and island escapes. Here are some other questions we get asked:
ARE ESCAPE ROOMS SCARY?
- Most rooms are not meant to be scary. Some rooms that have a zombie or a kidnapper might have some 'scare factor' but most escape rooms announce that up front when booking.
WHAT MAKES ESCAPE ROOMS FUN?
- We like escape rooms because they are interactive...the word we see used is 'immersive' and nothing could be more true. We aren't watching a movie or playing a game on a screen - we are IN the game! It's an adventure. We are doing something outside our daily activities. We use our brain like we do playing video games, board games, or card games but it's live action! We have to talk and work together to escape AND, to top it off, it's a little intense because you're up against the clock!
WHAT AGE GROUPS ENJOY ESCAPE ROOMS?
- All ages find something fun in escape rooms. Younger kids may not understand the puzzles but they love searching around the rooms for clues. Parents enjoy watching their children's excitement when a drawer is unlocked to find the next clue. Friends high five each other when they figure out a puzzle. We've seen grandparents and kids alike anxiously looking at the timer count down wondering if they'll beat the clock!
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN BE IN MY GROUP?
- It varies depending on the size of the room. 2 person groups can escape and most rooms can fit 8-10 people max. You'll be able to see the max per room on our booking page.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Go to the top of our page and click the 'Book your Escape Here' button. You'll be taken to our booking page where you'll enter promo codes, select which room you want to do, select the number of people in your group, and choose the date and time of your escape. Then you'll fill out the next page and pay online! We can also take your reservation over the phone at 270-584-9138.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- We have a secure spot in the rooms for purses, bags, and cell phones. It's good to show up a few minutes early to read/fill out a waiver form and to go over a quick intro to your escape. Also allow for a few minutes afterwards for a quick picture (if you want) and any questions about the room. Most groups spend about 1 hour 15 minutes in store. If you have any other questions, give us a call.
Check out examples of what you might see in an escape room below!